About Me (CV)
Yiwen Shen is an industrial designer based in the Breda, the Netherlands. Currently he is working at ECCO Leather Goods / AT.Kollektive as a design engineer. He creates 3D visualisations and for ready-to-wear, accessories, leather goods, life style products, showrooms and interactive products. He also enjoys being a bridging role among fashion designers, material developers and mould suppliers.
Education and Experience
------- China | Suzhou -------
- In 2013, I achieved my first diploma in Landscape Architecture at Suzhou University from China. During my internship at EIH Architecture & Planning, I aroused my interests in emerging technology and architectural visualisation, additionally, I also raised interest to study abroad.
------- the Netherlands | Enschede ---------
- In 2017, I obtained my second bachelor diploma in Art & Technology at Saxion University of Applied Sciences in the Netherlands, where I gained a lot of practical skills to produce digital products for the market. For example, 3D visualisation, digital product and graphic design.
------- the Netherlands | Eindhoven --------
In 2018, I started exploring opportunities to combine architecture and technologies in the context of Industrial Design at Technical University of Eindhoven. I framed my learning activities by following several electives, generally in two specialised areas:
- Smart Home System: A designerly perspective on IoT; Exploring 'Co-Performance' in both Constructive Design Research and Research Future Everyday.
- Parametric Design: I followed electives (both at the Department of Industrial Design and Built Environment) related to Parametric Design and Generative Arts. For my research project, I designed a Tangible User Interface for parametric designers and non-experts to collaboratively perform design activities.
From 2019 to 2020, I explored further my professional identity as a cross-over designer through a completion of minor package as well as the graduation project at the Department of Built Environment, TU/e.
------- the Netherlands | Breda | ECCO --------
Currently I am working at ECCO Leather Goods as a design engineer. Working for both ECCO Leather Goods & Kollektive. My key responsibilities are:
- Design & prototype product concepts, in close collaboration with Kollektive's co-designer, and ECCO's designing & marketing team, as well as ECCO's manufacturing & production team in China & India.
- Carry out design ideas & concepts for ECCO's leather goods products, translating them into 3D mock-ups, models & visualizations for both design and marketing usages.
- Carry out CAD technical files, and coordinate on the design & prototyping of the hardware / trims with other team members and management.
- collaborating with in a multi-disciplinary team of fashion designers, mould engineers, accessories designers, product managers / developers.